Waterways (Conservatory Group) - Real Estate -

I think it’ll be delayed into 2023 cuz it seems they just finished the foundation. Not sure what the cutoff time is for them to notify us through Tarion rules

Would be great if anyone can share some newer pictures.
The rule of thumb is a floor a week for concrete + a floor a week for interiors. That said, the podium floors and the mechanical penthouse take longer to build as they are unique and require special forms be put together for each, and all that is dependent upon this happening at regular construction speeds, which as per recent photos, are not necessarily being achieved. So, based on 56 storeys = 112 weeks of construction + a bit more for podium and penthouse floors, I think there's a minimum of 26 months of work ahead. Maybe, maybe, the lower level suites will be ready for occupancy in less time than that, but it'll almost definitely be 2024 before the middle or upper level suites are ready.

The rule of thumb is a floor a week for concrete + a floor a week for interiors. That said, the podium floors and the mechanical penthouse take longer to build as they are unique and require special forms be put together for each, and all that is dependent upon this happening at regular construction speeds, which as per recent photos, are not necessarily being achieved. So, based on 56 storeys = 112 weeks of construction + a bit more for podium and penthouse floors, I think there's a minimum of 26 months of work ahead. Maybe, maybe, the lower level suites will be ready for occupancy in less time than that, but it'll almost definitely be 2024 before the middle or upper level suites are ready.

You are absolutely correct. It will be about 2 more years for the completion.

Hey Everyone, would anyone be able to shine a light on what could happen with this project since the Conservatory Group is likely to be sold off in the near future? Will investors get hurt?

It is very hard to solve a controversy and it takes number of years. So first off, it would take years to settle, and then sell. As the the group isn’t financially unstable, this project would not get cancelled. And by the time the group MAY gets sold, this project would be complete.

Do you guys think this will be done by April or will it be delayed more?
This is Conservatory we're talking about - the slowest developer in Toronto I'm aware of. I am surprised this building is going up at the rate that it is.
Mattamy managed to construct not one but two Vita buildings next door in the time it took Conservatory to dig the hole in the ground and then proceed to spend a couple of years on constructing the underground floors... I dread the thought that they still own one more parcel of land here in Humber Bay Shores.

So to answer your question about the April move-in: I wouldn't bet on it.

This is Conservatory we're talking about - the slowest developer in Toronto I'm aware of. I am surprised this building is going up at the rate that it is.
Mattamy managed to construct not one but two Vita buildings next door in the time it took Conservatory to dig the hole in the ground and then proceed to spend a couple of years on constructing the underground floors... I dread the thought that they still own one more parcel of land here in Humber Bay Shores.

So to answer your question about the April move-in: I wouldn't bet on it.

Thank you for your answer. Im trying to figure out my finances over the next year with interest rates being what they are.

What would you guess the completion date to be? I got a “new tentative” date of April 2, 2024. Do you think itll be ready in 2024 or later? At this point i prefer to wait lol.

Thank you for your answer. Im trying to figure out my finances over the next year with interest rates being what they are.

What would you guess the completion date to be? I got a “new tentative” date of April 2, 2024. Do you think itll be ready in 2024 or later? At this point i prefer to wait lol.
Got an email this morning stating new and final day of possession will be in Oct 2024

Back