Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

This building works for fall

IMG_6637.JPG

Glad to see the Glass in the atrium
IMG_6639.JPG

The exterior is turning out great but the interiors in the rendering look really drab
To be fair, how exciting can you make a courthouse? The whole thing is somewhat limited by its function.

As for the ground floor, yeah hopefully that ends up being more engaging when there are vendors there.

To be fair, how exciting can you make a courthouse? The whole thing is somewhat limited by its function.

As for the ground floor, yeah hopefully that ends up being more engaging when there are vendors there.

You can make a courthouse very exciting from an architectural standpoint. I greatly enjoy the monumental neoclassical courthouses you see in the US with marble interiors and grand staircases. Grand atriums are a very enjoyable feature of many courthouses. While this building isn't a gilded monument, we're getting an exceptional building for the contemplated uses from an architectural standpoint.

You can make a courthouse very exciting from an architectural standpoint. I greatly enjoy the monumental neoclassical courthouses you see in the US with marble interiors and grand staircases. Grand atriums are a very enjoyable feature of many courthouses. While this building isn't a gilded monument, we're getting an exceptional building for the contemplated uses from an architectural standpoint.
where is the courthouse pic you are referring to?

I don't think they referenced a specific picture? But think of Osgoode Hall, or the Kingston courthouse? Or the one in NYC at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge?

I am still desperately waiting for some decent finishes for the underside of the front roof where it hangs over the building. Please, please. 🙏

To be fair, how exciting can you make a courthouse? The whole thing is somewhat limited by it's function.

Good point, there's probably nothing that RSHP can do about courthouse design...

1666722070556.png

Back