Toronto Social at Church + Dundas | 164.89m | 52s | Pemberton | RAW Design

i dont know why do i even come to this thread after every month, thinking something about this project might have changed.

Taken 8-27-22. The podium is not bad. If only the rest of the building was not as bad.

DSC05033.JPG

DSC05034.JPG

DSC05035.JPG

One can look up at this at certain angles and not lose whatever they just consumed. But with any daring design made to make a given building stand out from the rest, it doesn't really work when it comes to poor and/or bargain choices made with the materials. And to put it mildly. Thusly, this should look amazing at any angle where now it's clearly not...

...I like to refer this to as the "Nobu effect" as an entry for the next UT Explainer. >.<

Last edited:
i dont know why do i even come to this thread after every month, thinking something about this project might have changed.

You're slowly coming to terms with it so that you're mentally and emotionally prepared. You'll stumble upon it in real life one day.

I still can't believe this eyesore is the backdrop to our most popular intersection in the city. You never see this in New York.
You'll barely be able to see it from Dundas Square when the tower across the street (replacing the Pizza Pizza) is completed. Give it 3-4 years (shoring has already started on that development). And if renderings are to be believed, it looks much better than Social. Hope strings eternal ...

You'll barely be able to see it from Dundas Square when the tower across the street (replacing the Pizza Pizza) is completed. Give it 3-4 years (shoring has already started on that development). And if renderings are to be believed, it looks much better than Social. Hope strings eternal ...

*fingers crossed*

Back