Toronto 980 Lansdowne Avenue | 101.14m | 36s | Neudorfer | Gabriel Bodor

i will compare it to the Rosedale on the Bloor project. it's not ugly and it's not the best looking either, it's just a decent looking building.
Rosedale on Bloor is much better from a design perspective than this unmitigated disaster. Quality of materials used there are also much better, like i said before the materials here look like they came from a dollar store.

More shots of everyone's favourite active West End project. Although you can't see the cladding from these angles yet:

20220528_122134.jpg
20220528_123023.jpg
20220528_123154.jpg

I don't mind the type of cladding they're using (cause I don't have to live there)....

...but why that color? Looks awful.

The colours used here have the panels screaming "I am spandrel, so what!"

I may be the odd one out on this opinion, but to me, that is not so bad, and perhaps even refreshing compared to all the times spandrel is used in a manner where it is meant to mimic some other material, but in reality makes for a very poor facsimile.

The colours used here have the panels screaming "I am spandrel, so what!"

I may be the odd one out on this opinion, but to me, that is not so bad, and perhaps even refreshing compared to all the times spandrel is used in a manner where it is meant to mimic some other material, but in reality makes for a very poor facsimile.
Agreed. I go by this build a few times per week. While I doubt it will ever win any architectural awards, it's a nice pop of colour which is a welcome change from the grey and glass towers we're so used to. Coupled with the black framing, it's got a Mondrian vibe going on which is a neat quirk.

Back