News   Apr 16, 2024
 317     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.5K     6 

2022 43rd Ontario general election (June 2, 2022)

Ontario NDP announces commitment to raise minimum wage if elected

From link.

Here is a look at the Ontario NDP’s and Horwath’s wage increase schedule:
  • $16 on October 1, 2022
  • $17 on May 1, 2023
  • $18 on May 1, 2024
  • $19 on May 1, 2025
  • $20 on May 1, 2026

If he could, Doug Ford would love to reverse the "Act to Prevent the further Introduction of Slaves and to limit the Term of Contracts for Servitude" from 1793. Too bad, it was superseded in August 28, 1833, by the "Act for the Abolition of Slavery throughout the British Colonies", which received royal assent and became law throughout the British Empire. That Act came into force on August 1, 1834.

Its actually a very reasonable promise.

The U.S. has multiple jurisdictions, both cities and states at this level now.

Australia is at this level, now

Germany just voted to raise its minimum wage to roughly $17.50CAD immediately, which will surely be close to $20 over the next 5 years.

Last edited:
I think it should be a 15,000 rebate the reason it will lower the cost so people can afford them.
Switching everyone from ICEV to EVs does nothing to reduce congestion. If people can’t afford an EV let them take transit rather than obtain a huge $15k windfall subsidy from their fellow taxpayers. My three vehicles are 39, 21 and six years old. I will not be expecting my fellow Ontarians to cover a portion of their eventual replacement. Instead put that subsidy money into improving transit so all of us, including EV users can get around easily.

What the heck is the OLP doing? By now they should have assembled a dream team that‘s should have spent the last year calling out Ford’s bungling of the pandemic, including education , LTC homes, nurses and hospitals. I don’t see the OLP in the news whatsoever. I hope they“re getting ready for June’s election. Horvath and the NDP have been useless and need to be replaced by the OLP as the official opposition.

Christ these polls are all over the place.

I've seen 3 in 2 weeks.

Lets look at them:

1642694624047.png

1642694647394.png

1642694675251.png

Cons, 37, 33, 31
Libs 28, 28, 19
NDP 25, 27, 36

That's some serious swing going on.....

Last edited:
If Horvath doesn't do better this time around I'd say she's a goner.
Honestly, most would bet on the NDP placing third right now, so if she maintains the official opposition I'd say stick with her.

Although I can see some members of the caucus like Marit Stiles or Jill Andrew eyeing the job.

If I were the NDP, I'd try to get Matthew Green to move to provincial politics and run for the post-Horwath leadership. Sure, it would be two Hamilton leaders in a row, but I really think he's quite impressive.

Back