News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 855     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Yes I always thought this would really stick out but I guess next to FCP and Scotiaplaza it isn't really up there with them.

img5554bf7.jpg

img5622wz5.jpg

I think BA is a good height for what it is. If we're going to have a tower to overtake FCP i'd rather have an iconic tower than another glass box (albeit a very beautiful glass box).

from a rendering someone did a while back of it and Scotia Plaza side by side, it will end up being approximately as tall as where the V shape on the east side of SP dips to, so a little way to go still

In the pic above, take a ruler and place it horizontally between the two BCE buildings and that's where it should top off

I think BA is a good height for what it is. If we're going to have a tower to overtake FCP i'd rather have an iconic tower than another glass box (albeit a very beautiful glass box).

ya, its actually perfect for what it is, instead of being a tower that really stands out, it will really help the skyline transition to the lower-rise heights away from the financial district

By the Time Aura and 1 Bloor go up, we should have a nice peak and valley skyline going up Yonge....

The transition at Bay Adelaide is good, because it is still a massive office tower when compared to the slim point tower condos which are yet to be constructed.

^ Before the core tops out. It will still be a bit longer until the steel and glass reach the top. The glass is only about half installed currently, with the steel ~ 12-15ish floors higher.

Back