News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 691     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

I walked by today and they have installed metal bench supports along the lower level. They are the exact same shape as the plywood legs on the bench in the pictures. I spoke with one of the workers earlier in the week and they indicated the original bench is just a template, hence the plywood legs. No cheap out on this project it seems.

I walked by today and they have installed metal bench supports along the lower level. They are the exact same shape as the plywood legs on the bench in the pictures. I spoke with one of the workers earlier in the week and they indicated the original bench is just a template, hence the plywood legs. No cheap out on this project it seems.

As said, less eloquently, in Post 236 above. ;);)

Wow.. such a relief.

As said, less eloquently, in Post 236 above. ;);)

Props to you mate. :D

Agreed, DSC knows his stuff.

Metroman,
The only bad thing is that it doesn't look like it would be possible to launch a kayak because of the location of the actual bench legs.

^ so you propose that this deck just be a pretty little thing that sits on the water and people walk around it for a minute or so and then leave?

It needs to be used and you can't expect people to sit on the floor. If the benches look good, bring 'em!

Metroman,
The only bad thing is that it doesn't look like it would be possible to launch a kayak because of the location of the actual bench legs.

I only really need 2ft between the end of the deck and a bench. What I'm not sure of yet is how much length the deck remains close to the water before waving up. I need to launch the kayak into the water and park the seat in front of an area not more than 2 feet high (preferably much lower). The Spadina deck might not be ideal for it but other decks have their lowest points closer to the middle of the deck rather than up against the wall.

I need to launch the kayak into the water and park the seat in front of an area not more than 2 feet high (preferably much lower).

there are 2 places in marina quay (just west of the spadina slip) that you could put in very easily.

I'd forget they are even putting benches on the slip if they used such cool ones like this:
frellstedt-light-bench-red.jpg

More about them here.

I'd forget they are even putting benches on the slip if they used such cool ones like this:

First you don't like the template bench, then you don't like any benches and now you want a red bench. (Of course you also changed your posting name from Phunkey to Khristopher so this may just be "you".)

Foolish consistency may be the hobgoblin of small minds BUT it does have some attraction! :)

Have you actually gone to the Slip to LOOK recently, or ever?

It's too bad it wasn't completed for today because the Harbourfront is PACKED. It would have been a great way to showcase the new developments down here.

As for that red bench... isn't that something we'd see in a park in Welland? wait... that is a bench from a park in Welland.

Back