myxamatosis

Attachments

• teeple1.jpg
    teeple1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,090
  • teeple22.jpg
    teeple22.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 845
It's always nice to see a modernist project in North York, especially one with attention paid to details. That black siding by the roof is a questionable design choice, though. Black siding can look harsh as a building ages.

Teeple. Bayview. Unless it was something like a library or community-facility renovation, those are two darned incongruous names next to each other

It's always nice to see a modernist project in North York, especially one with attention paid to details. That black siding by the roof is a questionable design choice, though. Black siding can look harsh as a building ages.

I'm pretty sure that's zinc...and it's quite durable...

Modern rowhouses. It's about time we get more of these, so I welcome this wholeheartedly.

Based on the website, these townhomes rather large and moderately expensive, in the 850K-1M+ range. I'd want to know how many degrees of luxury are redefined before purchasing.

I read the thread title as "Linear A on Bayview" and thought, oh my, what has Daniels unearthed?

It's VERY interesting... I like it alot. The only thing is that the roof reminds me a bit of those attempted "mansard roofs" on houses in the last few decades (1960s-1980s I think) which look terrible.

This is what ALL townhomes we're building should look like... no more of that "classically" styled suburban stuff.

I'm pretty sure that's zinc...and it's quite durable...

That's good to hear. I've seen older modernist projects with dark siding that look industrial, particularly as the novelty of the material has worn off and the luster of the materials in general has faded. Zinc panels might have a softer, more sophisticated look now that you mention it.

URBAN!TY said:
This is what ALL townhomes we're building should look like... no more of that "classically" styled suburban stuff.

I agree, as the more such projects we get, the more creative the architects are likely to get.

That's good to hear. I've seen older modernist projects with dark siding that look industrial, particularly as the novelty of the material has worn off and the luster of the materials in general has faded. Zinc panels might have a softer, more sophisticated look now that you mention it.

Agree with you completely regarding the dark siding.

Zinc is a superior material and also "changes color" so to speak..depending on exposure to light.
During the day these zinc panels tend to look silver-blue or
a shade of green ,depending on the color of the panel used (similiar to
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/modernlover62/ALBUM 2/ALBUM 3/ALBUM 5/guesthouse.jpg)
and look more charcoal colored during the evening (similiar to this image: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/modernlover62/ALBUM 8/casa-wolf.jpg)

Got an email saying the floorplans are up on the website and quite liked them.

Along with Arc, it will bring some semblance of decent design to the
Bayview and Sheppard node.

Could never figure out why North York didn't deserve better than the "Shame" Baghai rubbish..anyone know of other interesting projects in the area?

Back