Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I legit thought this was a rendering until I noticed the trailer and the bobcat on the Union Station platform.

Shows how well this building is built when the real thing looks damn near exactly like the renderings. I wish all major Toronto developments held the same standards, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Beautiful sky!

IMG_3346.jpeg

I legit thought this was a rendering until I noticed the trailer and the bobcat on the Union Station platform.

Shows how well this building is built when the real thing looks damn near exactly like the renderings. I wish all major Toronto developments held the same standards, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Don't expect much. Parsimony and cheapening are hallmarks of Torontonian urban development. Yesterday, today, and always.

I appreciate your sanguine optimism, but...for every CIBC Square in this city there are three Graziani + Corazza monstrosities being erected that have no business being erected.

Last edited:
I appreciate your sanguine optimism, but...for every CIBC Square in this city there are three Graziani + Corazza monstrosities being erected that have no business being erected.
Yes, but this thread is about a building that excels. Put your justified criticism in the right place.

Last edited:
Love how even in a thread about one of the best-executed office buildings in Toronto we still have room for vague griping about how bad everything in Toronto is.
Hey, we have to keep up our rep as the self-hating city. ;) Of course for good reason sometimes. A good example would be what happened at Trinity Bellwoods today.

So I'm guessing another year at least for them to excavate and get back up to ground level? Probably start making a mark on the skyline by the latter half of 2022.

Back