News   Mar 28, 2024
 173     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Vladimir Putin's Russian Federation

Oh this is cuuuuute!

Navalny's been charged with embezzlement!

By the state that is probably the biggest example of state capture ever.

Russia warns EU it could cut ties over sanctions

Feb 12, 2021

Russia is ready to sever ties with the EU if the bloc imposes new, economically painful sanctions, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says.

The EU has raised the prospect of further sanctions amid a row over the treatment of the jailed Russian opposition leader, Alexei Navalny.

When an interviewer asked if Russia was heading for a "break" with the EU, Mr Lavrov said "we're ready for that".

"If you want peace, prepare for war," he said.

He said a break in ties could be triggered by EU sanctions that "create risks for our economy, including in the most sensitive areas".

"We don't want to isolate ourselves from world affairs, but we have to be prepared for that." He was speaking on the Russian YouTube channel Solovyov Live.

Russia warns EU it could cut ties over sanctions

Feb 12, 2021

Russia is ready to sever ties with the EU if the bloc imposes new, economically painful sanctions, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says.

The EU has raised the prospect of further sanctions amid a row over the treatment of the jailed Russian opposition leader, Alexei Navalny.

When an interviewer asked if Russia was heading for a "break" with the EU, Mr Lavrov said "we're ready for that".

"If you want peace, prepare for war," he said.

He said a break in ties could be triggered by EU sanctions that "create risks for our economy, including in the most sensitive areas".

"We don't want to isolate ourselves from world affairs, but we have to be prepared for that." He was speaking on the Russian YouTube channel Solovyov Live.

Isolate the pricks. The less power and influence they have, the better.

It's all bullshit.

The only way to isolate one from the other is to cut gas exports/imports.

Nord Stream II is just being finished into Germany, the lynchpin of the EU.

Best of luck with all of this noise.

Personally, I'd stop importing Russian gas entirely. That'd get the criminals in charge there ready to listen. It's one thing to impose perceived hardships on thieveing oligarch mafia; it's entirely another to just refuse to buy their product.

Cut gas imports to the EU and watch those bastards squirm.

It's all bullshit.

The only way to isolate one from the other is to cut gas exports/imports.

Nord Stream II is just being finished into Germany, the lynchpin of the EU.

Best of luck with all of this noise.

Personally, I'd stop importing Russian gas entirely. That'd get the criminals in charge there ready to listen. It's one thing to impose perceived hardships on thieveing oligarch mafia; it's entirely another to just refuse to buy their product.

Cut gas imports to the EU and watch those bastards squirm.

Precisely. The continuing willingness of European countries to import gas and oil from Russia is directly funding the oligarchic regime there and all the problems associated with it. It's like shooting an own goal over and over. I'm surprised and frustrated that there doesn't seem to be more urgency in those countries to wean themselves off this disturbing reliance. It should be a top priority.

Precisely. The continuing willingness of European countries to import gas and oil from Russia is directly funding the oligarchic regime there and all the problems associated with it. It's like shooting an own goal over and over. I'm surprised and frustrated that there doesn't seem to be more urgency in those countries to wean themselves off this disturbing reliance. It should be a top priority.

The main opponents of Russia within the EU are, to absolutely nobody's surprise, the former communist states.

But like I said, Germany are the big man of Europe and they're fully willing to play nice with both Russia and China, so until they can be persuaded otherwise, it's an uphill battle.

I think Germany are the biggest importers of Russian gas within the EU, iirc. Followed by like Italy, I think. So, two big countries sucking at the teat of the oligarch-thieves.

All the more reason to electrify heating and power generation as much as possible. The less of a market Russian gas has, the less the Russian mob (aka the government) can bully other countries.

All the more reason to electrify heating and power generation as much as possible. The less of a market Russian gas has, the less the Russian mob (aka the government) can bully other countries.

How do you produce electricity by electricity? Is there a breakthrough in physics I missed?
Geothermal is where it's at.

Get rid of this gas nonsense.
Pardon my ignorance in European geography but is there any geothermal potential?

If I recall, Germany started unwinding its nuclear program after the Japanese disaster.

As someone who has heated a cottage electrically I can safely say electric heating is not cheap.

What most European households use is a radiator system. Not the clunky 1950s cast iron style radiators but a more modern device. Usually they are electric but central district heating is common in some European cities.

Pardon my ignorance in European geography but is there any geothermal potential?

If I recall, Germany started unwinding its nuclear program after the Japanese disaster.

Perhaps in Italy with all the volcanoes but not really elsewhere. You may have some in the mountain ranges but nothing of any significance.

How do you produce electricity by electricity? Is there a breakthrough in physics I missed?

I realize my wording wasn't very precise, but what I meant is replacing natural gas power generation with renewables. Solar and wind backed up by large scale power storage. Solar and wind have become some of the cheapest ways to generate electricity and power storage is getting cheaper every year thanks to advances in battery technology.

To be fair, that's happening - renewables are increasing, gas is decreasing, and coal is in the midst of collapse. There needs to be an effort to reduce gas use in other areas too.

Back