Toronto Park Road | 99.3m | 27s | Capital Developments | Diamond Schmitt

I also hope they put a park on that sharp corner. Time will tell. Spent a lot of time at King Palace restaurant and stared at that island.
I am not optimistic though; small site and I would think they would go property line to property line
Yeah maybe they'll put a park on the top of the building . First the developer wants to make a buck off the condo units. Business comes first before pleasure in this city. HA ! HA ! !

Yeah maybe they'll put a park on the top of the building . First the developer wants to make a buck off the condo units. Business comes first before pleasure in this city. HA ! HA ! !

Still hoping for the corner park ... and sidewalks where I don't feel like I'm going to die but I am only really optimistic it will be a flat iron because there really is not any other choice. So that's good?

Kity- corner to the respite center...lol...Let the fun begin. Good luck selling anything there.

Two points: 1. Foreign investors are not aware of the "unique" nature of that block, and a talented agent could easily sell the units to people who will never set foot there, and 2. It there's parking, many of the future residents will simply go from their condo to their automobile and back again.

Who knows maybe they'll build a flat iron style condo with a 30 ft artrium on the first level that let's light in for an indoor parket. Could be a good idea for creating more green space in the city.

The shape of that site is begging to have something interesting things done to it. But if they go for a conventional glass box approach instead, it wouldn't be really any different from what is there now, save taller. That is, buildings + parking lot splodged together that are an ill fit for that island.

Materials are up and actually include renderings. I am pleasantly surprised. There is a park and 6 meter sidewalks and it is a curved along church. Looks like maybe they are closing Collier for pedestrian use?

Edit: Looks like Collier is not closed. Just changed to brick.

Last edited:
…and here's Diamond Schmitt's design:

717ChurchAerW1999.jpg
717ChurchStrE1664.jpg
717ChurchStrNW2020.jpg
717ChurchStrSE1952.jpg
717ChurchStrW2008.jpg

3 car share spaces on the surface level, that's it, no private parking, only one partial level excavated for a basement for bike storage.

Last edited:
Well for those of you who wanted a park. They left some small space for a little parket ! I have a feeling they're going to chop this one down to size !

Well for those of you who wanted a park. They left some small space for a little parket ! I have a feeling they're going to chop this one down to size !

You mean you think the developer is going to kill the park through this process? That would be truly terrible.
I think they will take a few floors off the top, but I am pretty surprised it is 29 storeys and not 39. They must have had some guidance from the city ...

Unrelated, I really hope that "end cap" is curtain wall and not window wall...it always gets shittier through SPA.

We're going with 30 storeys on this. Units end on the 29th floor, but the mechanical level up top also has interior amenity space at the east and west ends, along with amenity terraces… so that ain't 29, that's 30.

Two points: 1. Foreign investors are not aware of the "unique" nature of that block, and a talented agent could easily sell the units to people who will never set foot there, and 2. It there's parking, many of the future residents will simply go from their condo to their automobile and back again.
After living at 825 for three years...ah no it doesn't work that way. The area has gone for a shit.

Back