News   Apr 25, 2024
 211     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 677     2 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 772     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Can't wait to see the historical facade in place. At least it's on a side street and not on Bay. Maybe it'll be a nice little touch, maybe it'll it turn out better than we all expect?

The tower looks like it'll be fine... nothing spectacular, but fine. How the historic facade fits in is the big issue now. It looks very goofy in the renderings... hopefully, it'll be half-decent from the street. I'm curious to see how it's reassembled.

I'd argue most people walking down Bay will never even know its just a facade. I walk by Kings Court every day and unless you look up you miss the fact that the corner is just the old facade.

Quick Update

A couple snaps on the way home

dsc00463wx8.jpg

dsc00464oz7.jpg

Interesting pics guys, thanks.

It looks like they are adding concrete around the steel columns, am I seeing that right?

I'd say fireproofing

Yeah, it could be, but the columns somehow seem thicker than before. They've definitely added grey fireproofing to the steel beams under the floors though.

EDIT: I think you're right, I just went back to look at earlier pictures of the columns, and they were just as thick back then (those are some massive pieces of steel). So the grey stuff must just be a thin fireproofing coating.

Back