News   Mar 28, 2024
 373     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 277     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 310     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

The Ho's next to the Pizza Pizza is now a campaign headquarters for someone running for councillor.

How about a rebranding of Church-Wellesley Village back to its original, albeit at the time pejorative, name - Molly Wood's Bush. I think it would be memorable, historic, cheeky, fun and no more a mouthful than "Church-Wellesley Village." It could even be Manhattanized to MWB too for short.

Does anybody know what's going on at 110 Maitland St? The front door and first two floors were recently boarded up. Hmmm. A library, a museum, a park?

EbmOW7r.jpg

The renovated Wellesley Convenience space is looking pretty spiffy. Wonder if they'll do the space next to it as well.

I meant to post a couple of weeks ago that the Pavillion Coffee / Crepe It up on the east side of Church north of Wellesley has closed.

There are far too many vacant storefronts on Church now.

Reactions: ARB
It looks like they may be updating the fronts of the empty storefronts in the Pizza Pizza building; the Wellesley Convenience space has a new storefront and the space next to it looks like it might be getting the same treatment as well. And it looks like they're fixing the verandas of the flats above?

Saw today that O'Grady's is undergoing some renovations. They appear to be temporarily closed.

Saw today that O'Grady's is undergoing some renovations. They appear to be temporarily closed.

Yes but I think their upstairs venue "The Lodge" is still up and running. Curious what the new renos on the main floor will bring. It did look kind of tired inside.

The O'Grady's refresh is done and it's open for business again. I walked by and had a quick look through the windows; didn't look like anything too major but it looks nice.

The O'Grady's refresh is done and it's open for business again. I walked by and had a quick look through the windows; didn't look like anything too major but it looks nice.

From outside it looks like they installed big new TV screens.

The building on the SE corner of Church and Wellesley is getting a facelift. Even the RBC is getting a new facade. The rendering shows the angled glass windows above the vacant storefront (Priape) coming down for a more contemporary look. Perhaps the rental firm decided that they needed to invest in the property to attract a tenant to this long-vacant spot.

There are so many vacant storefronts on Church now, I don’t recall it ever being this deserted. The strip could use more variety in restaurants.

I realize Loblaws killed All the Best and the other fine foods place across the street that had been there for ages, but I miss having a nice prepared foods place that isn’t as big as Loblaws to dash into.

Church is becoming a total retail/commercial dead-zone due to the following:
-high rents
-old storefronts
-high concentration of marginalized people spilling over from nearby services

Fast food chains and banks are pretty much the only hope. It is what it is.

Back