Toronto Rees Park Playground and Pavillion | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

https://twitter.com/joe_cressy/status/1049729502375370753

DpFjajUUwAAUocL.jpg

Perfect! my first choice for both parks!

Same.

I’m looking forward to having the view of the Gardiner blocked off. However, I’m still disappointed that they missed the last opportunity on the central waterfront to add actual water interactivity. Kids growing up here will have nowhere to play with water. They can only look at it. There’s a small waterfall that I’m hoping will evolve into a much more central water feature. I’ll be attending waterfront consultations to push for this.

Last edited:
I am so pumped for this and Love Park. Rees Ridge will be a destination I predict with great sight lines of the city and the water. Kudos to you MetroMan for pushing for a substantial water feature as well. Cheers.

$10 million seems like an awfully small budget to achieve this vision.
Well, seeing as how money is colloquially referred to as ‘cheddar,’ perhaps any shortage of change will be made up for with a lifetime supply of Balderson?

Same.

I’m looking forward to having the view of the Gardiner blocked off. However, I’m still disappointed that they missed the last opportunity on the central waterfront to add actual water interactivity. Kids growing up here will have nowhere to play with water. They can only look at it. There’s a small waterfall that I’m hoping will evolve into a much more central water feature. I’ll be attending waterfront consultations to push for this.
Though winning designs in competitions DO get revised and refined this is usually to bring them to fit a pre-determined budget not to expand and change them from the design concept. Creating a 'much more central water feature" (which may or may not be a good idea) is something that will probably not be on the table at any project group - I think 'waterfront consultations' are now over.

Sugar beach has water elements, West Donlands has interactive water as well.

Not by the water, but still downtown is the AGO park, Kensington park, and Dundas Square.
Not a lot of parks have a pond in it though, at least not a man made one. WEST Donlands and Musical Gardens (?) Have a marsh like body of water though.

I can see a lot of people having their lunch watching ducks by the pond.

Sugar beach has water elements, West Donlands has interactive water as well.

Not by the water, but still downtown is the AGO park, Kensington park, and Dundas Square.
Not a lot of parks have a pond in it though, at least not a man made one. WEST Donlands and Musical Gardens (?) Have a marsh like body of water though.

I can see a lot of people having their lunch watching ducks by the pond.
umm...Natrel Pond is 200m away from Rees Park

The wadding pool for kids on paddle boats?
If call that more of a recreational space rather than an actual pond. It also aesthetically bland.

The wadding pool for kids on paddle boats?
If call that more of a recreational space rather than an actual pond. It also aesthetically bland.
You listed all the man made ponds on the waterfront, and omitted Natrel pond. I agree it's bland and useless, but that's what we get here.

I like water features in parks.

I appreciate those here, even if the heart-shape thing (in York Park) is slightly nauseating.....

But I think the greater focus needs to be on connecting people to the lake.

That means finishing the foot bridges and wave decks, completing thew waterfront promenade, including water-level boardwalks, and finding a spot where you can either wade in the Lake, otherwise have physical access to the water.

I also quite like seeing some coastal nature, though I appreciate that wont and shouldn't be the defining feature in the central, urban waterfront.

Back